Hey there! If you’re a fan of traditional Mexican treats, then you’re going to love this Pan de Polvo recipe, or Mexican Sugar Cookies.
These cookies are a perfect balance of sweetness and crumbly texture that will melt in your mouth. They’re not only delicious but also easy to make, and you can impress your family and friends with your baking skills.
So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of these delightful cookies!
Tips and Tricks for This Pan de Polvo Recipe
Creaming the butter and sugar
One of the most critical steps in making perfect Pan de Polvo is to cream the butter and sugar properly. This step ensures that the cookies will be light and fluffy. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer to make it easier. Beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Rolling out the dough
When rolling out the dough, you want to make sure it’s an even thickness so that the cookies will bake evenly. Use a rolling pin and a lightly floured surface to make it easier. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
Sprinkling powdered sugar
To make sure the cookies look beautiful, sprinkle them with powdered sugar once they’ve cooled completely. You can use a small sifter or a spoon to sprinkle the powdered sugar on top. It’s important to let the cookies cool before sprinkling the sugar, or it will melt and become sticky.
You can use whole wheat flour, but it will change the texture and color of the cookies. If you need to make the recipe gluten-free, use almond flour instead.
If you only have salted butter, you can use it instead, but omit the salt in the recipe. You can also use crisco/shortening instead of using any butter.
You can use brown sugar instead, but it will change the flavor and color of the cookies. If you’re looking for a low-calorie option, you can use a sugar substitute like Stevia.
So, there you have it – a fantastic recipe for Pan de Polvo that is easy to make and tastes delicious. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the perfect cookies every time. And if you need to make any substitutions, you now know what your options are. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start baking!
Pan de Polvo (Mexican Sugar Cookies)
- Mixing bowl
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until a smooth dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies in the desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy your delicious and authentic Pan de Polvo cookies!